Quarterly Reset for Clarity
To Reset – A time to work ON your business, not IN your business.
A quarterly reset for Clarity is one of the best methods to gather your thoughts, assess what went wrong in the last quarter and what needs to change in the coming quarter. Use this as a checklist.
This process will take a couple of hours every quarter and will save you many hours of uncertainty and confusion.
- Use your Journal and write about the strengths and weaknesses of the past quarter. Include opportunities that did not get pursued and threats to your overall success. If you record activities and sales daily, refer to those notes.
- Set tasks for each of your potential successes. Make them achievable in the time frame. How much will you allow?
- Set goals to go with those tasks. Answer these questions for each:
- Are they smart goals?
- What are your goals for the first month?
- What funds have you budgeted for your success?
- What three strategies will you focus on?
- Repeat this process for all three months.
- Create a marketing plan for the quarter. Choose your target date for success and work backwards to today. Be sure you build in enough time to get your customer’s attention. Get help with your marketing plan here.
- Review your Budget and Financial Goals.
- How much will you spend on your marketing plan for the quarter?
- How much will you need to purchase inventory or supplies to create your product?
- How much will you need to promote your business goals?
- How much will your service-based business?
- Schedule Appointments and finish setting up your calendar.
- Be sure to schedule one day in the end of the 3rd month of each quarter to complete this process for the coming quarter. You’ll be amazed at your progress and success using it
- Clean and organize your office.
- Review your long-term to-do list.
- Review your journals for the third month of the quarter.
- Carry forward any items that still need to be completed and still fit your goals and budget.
- At the end of the 3rd quarter, review your goals and priorities.
- Don’t take on more than you can successfully complete in each quarter.
- Keep your Work/Life Balance in mind.
Ask yourself, does this goal support my why?
Does it reflect my values?
Does it help solve my customers’ problems?
Is it the right goal for my focus?
Keeping on track is critical to your success and clarity.
Shiny object syndrome impacts us all.
Doing a quarterly reset will make your journey easier and more successful
#Write To Your Success!