Welcome to the Gateway to Red Rock Country, #Responsible Recreation.
Cedar City is mostly open and ready for your visit. Please remember, we are still in the yellow phase in Iron County, Utah. That state designation for Covid-19 response comes with a few requirements/requests we hope you’ll help us observe.
Restaurants are at 50% capacity, most of our large events have been cancelled or postponed, including our July 4th and 24th events. Utah Shakespeare Festival has been cancelled for 2020 along with the Utah Summer Games.
The good news? We have some of the best outdoor recreation opportunities in Utah and we believe in #Responsible Recreation.
- Hiking trails abound, both within the City, County, and National Parks/Monuments.
- The skateboard park is open. See the Visit Cedar City Site for directions.
- The Aquatic Center is open with special hours. $ Click here to access.
- The Cedar Bowling Center is open with special hours. $ Visit their site here.
- Cedar Breaks National Monument Wildflower Week is July 10th – 19th. Visit their site for information and download their wildflower app here.
- Visit Three Peaks Recreation Site in Enoch for the perfect picnic site and other experiences.
- Parowan Gap is a BLM site with hiking and exploring among the petroglyphs.
- Kanarra Falls is another great experience but tickets go fast. $$ Go here for info and availability.
- Frontier Homestead Museum State Park is a great place to take the kids. $ Visitor information here.
With all these great opportunities for getting out to recreate, it is important that you exercise responsible behavior and respect the need to follow the code of ethics for #responsible recreation.
We welcome your visit to our communities and hope you’ll have expectations for your visit that match what we’re allowed to deliver. For more on the “RecreateResponsibly Coalition
As of 6/20/2020 these events are still scheduled. Check their website links for current information.
Three Peaks Classic Bike Race @ Three Peaks Recreation Area – June 20th and 21st – Go here for info
Thursday, July 29th, 2020 from 7am to 3pm The Parowan Gap Road will be closed for the USA Cycling Master Regional race.